Sunday, October 08, 2006

Last Friday, Mary visited God's Littlest Angels, about 45 minutes from Quisqueya Christian School. God's Littlest Angels is an independent non-denominational ministry founded to care for premature, malnourished, and abandoned children in Haiti. God's Littlest Angels focuses on three primary areas of ministry to the people of Haiti: Medical Ministry, Adoption Ministry, and Outreach Ministry.
This past week was Spiritual Emphasis Week at the school. From Tuesday through Friday we started with chapel where the keynote speaker was Pastor Larry from New Orleans. The students at Quisqueya had raised approximately $4,000 for the church he was serving to help rebuild the lives of the people after the devastation of hurricane Katrina.
Another snapshot to show the progress of the bananas beside our front steps.
A beautiful view of the country side from the balcony at God's Littlest Angels. Each and every day we do experience God's presence in our daily lives.
Today we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with fellow Canadians, some Haitians, some Dutch, but all children of God. We have many reasons to give thanks. Thank You Lord for Jesus Christ who gives eternal life, for our daily bread, for safety and traveling mercies, for the supportive communites helping us on our way, for pastors who proclaim Your Word, for hands and a heart and a mind so that He may work in me and through me to accomplish His purposes, an attitude of gratitude, and more :-)


Thank you for giving me the morning,
Thank you for ev'ry day that's new,
Thank you that I can know my worries,
Can be cast on You.
Thank you for all my friends and brothers,
Thank you for all the men that live,
Thank you for even greatest enemies,
I can forgive.
Thank you for many little sorrows,
Thank you for every kindly word,
Thank you that everywhere your guidance,
Reaches every land.
Thank you that your Word has meaning,
Thank you, I know your Spirit's here,
Thank you because You love all people,
Those both far and near.
Thank you, O Lord your love is boundless,
Thank you that I am full of You,
Thank you, You make me feel so glad,
And thankful as I do.

No comments: