Saturday, January 27, 2007

This past Wednesday, our Director, Mr. Hersey, helped the senior class fund raiser by playing chess. Each chess player paid $10 Haitian to play and the winner would receive $100 Haitian. There were approximately 15 players signed up, students and parents. All the games were played simultaneously, yet Mr. Hersey remains undefeated! It was interesting to see him move quickly from board to board. In less than 1/2 hour, all the games were finished and our Director remained undefeated!

On Saturday, January 27 th, Mary and I had a CPR course with with five other staff members. All those teaching PE needed certification of CPR. Since I now teach PE to the grade six class twice a week, I was a lucky candidate for this course. Here I am pictured giving mouth to mouth to a baby mannequin. The course taught us the CPR to babies, infants and adults. I now know the procedure, but I pray that I may never have to use it.


Mary also participated with the CPR course, to be re certified. Mary is pictured here with our instructor and a 'baby'. We were taught what to do if a baby, child or adult was choking. Here, Mary is practicing what we were taught on a small 'baby'.

No comments: