Sunday, March 25, 2007

This past week the three children, representatives from the grade four class came to see me with the books they wrote. I requested the staff not only to send the children who were to be disciplined to the office, but also those who did good work. I had to stay up late to read these stories :-) The students also read their booklets to the pre-kindergarten class. I was impressed by the quality of work :-)


Each time there are visitors in Haiti, we get together for a meal. Three Calvin students and a dad from two of the students spent their March Break in Haiti. The dad works for International Aid in Michigan. Mary and I enjoy the pot-luck suppers we have with the guests that visit Haiti. This past Friday we had supper together at the Van Dam's home with the guests. It is great that we can meet together and encourage on another in our task.



This is my most favourite activity, NOT! Mary and I went to the paint store, which is within walking distance. We ordered the paint, which is a story in itself. The tint was not the colour we desired and so Mary mixed in the gallon of white to make the colour light enough. Now we just have to return and order another gallon of white paint for the doors and the trim :-) The kitchen living room is now a nice light yellow. It looks great.

No comments: